- All participants should bring a snack and a water bottle.
- Drop-off is at 9 a.m. for all summer camps. 8:30 drop-off can be arranged by checking box on summer camp registration form.
- Pick-up is noon for all summer camps.
- All participants should wear comfortable, sturdy shoes and clothes for the weather as well as sunscreen and insect repellent for outdoor activities. All participants should bring a change of clothes.
- All participants need to complete camp emergency forms before attending.
- Registrations are accepted until 2 weeks prior to any session of a A Sabot Summer. Checks should be made payable to Sabot at Stony Point.
- Mail completed registration forms to: Sabot at Stony Point, A Sabot Summer, 3400 Stony Point Road, Richmond, VA, 23235. Click here to contact us for more information about A Sabot Summer.
- Fees are non-refundable unless A Sabot Summer cancels. Space is reserved once registration and payment are received.
- If your child did not attend Sabot at Stony Point in the 2013/14 school year, you will be asked to complete other paperwork required by Virginia State Licensing. We will provide guidance and the forms.
Welcome to A Sabot Summer and Home Away From Home!
A Sabot Summer features a series of one-week camps driven by the natural curiosity of children. Each summer camp provides children with engaging opportunities for exploring and developing skills, sparking new ideas and interests, as well as fostering imagination and enthusiasm for the world around them. Home Away from Home is tailored to the needs of working parents, providing continuity of care within a developmentally appropriate environment. A Sabot Summer honors the individuality of children and all their intelligences.
Home Away from Home will provide continuity of care for your children in a developmentally appropriate environment. The program is tailored to the needs of working parents for whom summer can mean a long interruption in childcare arrangements and routines. The sessions are organized in such a way that families can enroll for the entire summer, through August 1st, (note, we will be closed the week of July 4), or for any number and combination of weeks and/or days.
Spend the mornings exploring the wild spaces of the beautiful Larus Park at the edge of the Sabot at Stony Point campus with Nancy Sowder and Robyn Johnson. The Larus Park features an expansive wooded area with trails and a stream. Children will explore the flora and fauna that inhabit the park, build shelters of natural materials, take hikes, and enjoy the trickle of the stream. Participants should come prepared to get muddy and wet in this camp, which takes place entirely out of doors, rain
Ages 4 – 7
June 16 - 20, 9 a.m. - noon
June 23 - 27, 9 a.m. - noon
$145 per week (Maximum of 10)
Like Summers Used To Be
Playing with water and rocks, building with sticks, having picnics with friends, making fairy houses of natural materials, reading under the shade of a tree — like summers used to be. This camp features unstructured play where participants may build forts and play houses, and engage in water play, gardening, games, and many more choices inspired by camp participants’ interests on a warm summer’s day. Children love to make things, and we provide media and materials to support individual creations and collaborations that compliment the children’s play. Past campers have made a fort of natural materials, boats to sail on a child-dug “river,” tiny houses for fairies, yarn weavings, 3-d animals, and more. Children will be able to work with art media such as pastel, watercolors, weaving, woodwork and paper mache. Children will have the opportunity to play and create both indoors and out.
Ages 4 – 7
Session 1: July 7 - 11, 9 a.m. - noon
Session 2: July 14 - 18, 9 a.m. - noon
$145 per week (Maximum of 25)
Toddlers & Tennis is offering this exciting tennis camp for children ages 3 to 6. In the beautiful Sabot at Stony Point Gillette Garden, Wimbledon style on the grass, the participants will experience the fun, strategies, and rules of tennis — a week full of tennis matches, games, crafts, a picnic snack time and more. Each participant will receive a t-shirt. All equipment is supplied. To learn more about Toddlers & Tennis please visit toddlersandtennis.com.
Ages 3 – 6
July 21 - 25, 9 a.m. - noon
$150 per week (Maximum of 10)
Tinker: Studio is a week-long Reggio-inspired art
experience led by Anna Golden, Sabot’s Atelierista, and Pippin Barnett. Participants will plan, create, investigate, re-think, and refine their process. Tinkering is the starting point of invention, paving the way to discovery. This camp provides an opportunity for your artists/tinkerers to develop new skills and tools, mess about with materials, and explore the creative process, all under the power of their own ideas.
Ages 4 – 7
July 21 - 25, 9 a.m. - noon
$160 per week (Maximum of 10)
Home Away From Home
The Extended Day team, who staff this program, provide a schedule that balances planned activities with flexible, open-ended time. This balance is designed to provide children with a summer experience that
is both engaging and relaxing - gardening, baking and cooking, trips to the forest, water play, sports and games, and arts-based activities are among the range of activities available to the children.
Ages 3 – 10
June 2 - August 1
8:30 a.m. – noon, $150 per week
Noon – 3:30 p.m., $150 per week
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., $300 per week
Noon - 1:00 p.m. Lunch Bunch, $35 per week
Home Away from Home also offers a Flexible Summer 7-Day Drop-in Pass for use June 2 - August 1, and there is a last minute drop-in option for families, subject to availability.
- 7-Day Drop-in Pass, $425
- Lunch Bunch: 12 p.m. - 1 p.m., $10
- 1/2 Day: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. or 12 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., $35
- Full Day: 8:30-3:30, $65
24 hours notice is required when scheduling the days.
Contact ExtendedDay@sabotatstonypoint.org for more information about the Pass and Drop-in.